Focus Las Vegas
Focus Las Vegas: Smart City Initiative
Join us for Focus Las Vegas: Smart City Initiative, on Thursday, August 17, 2017 from 7:30 - 9:30 a.m. at The Innevation Center. Learn how Las Vegas is on the cutting edge of incorporating smart city technology, focusing on safe, efficient, sustainable and environmentally conscience mobility.
Intelligent Traffic Management
Why is this light still red with no cross traffic?
Can my Smart City dynamically control traffic on demand?
Is there parking available on this street or the next?
What if you didn’t need to find a parking meter?
Smart, Sexy, Cool!
What if the street lights only came on when traffic is present?
What if my car told the City where the potholes are automatically?
What if we could reduce commute times in the valley?
What if we could reduce carbon emissions?
Featured speakers include (more to come):
• Sandra Douglass Morgan, Director of External Affairs, AT&T Services, Inc.
• Tina Quigley, General Manager, RTC Southern Nevada
• John Fountain, Vice President/Director of CB & HN Technology, Cox Communications
• Don Jacobson, Business Partner, Department of Information Technologies, City of Las Vegas
• Betsy Fretwell, Senior Vice President, Switch
• Jacob Snow, Principal, JABarrett Company
• Don Snyder, Community Leader; former President of UNLV
Moderator: John Huck, Fox 5
Focus Las Vegas, a program of the Leadership Foundation of Greater Las Vegas, presents mini-seminars on timely community issues. Expert presenters and panelists, reflecting a variety of viewpoints, share their perspectives and answer questions to help leaders, particularly Leadership Las Vegas and Leadership Advance alumni, stay informed and meaningfully engaged.
For more information and to register for this event, click here